Yesterday, I cranked my 55-foot telescoping tower down and stripped everything off of it. I cannot recall the last time I did any maintenance on the tower, but there was some rust that made the job more difficult.
Since I was at it for about five hours, I did not have time to closely inspect the log periodic, but a quick estimate indicates that it may not be salvageable.
The 40-meter dipole is in the trash now.
I also have to replace one of the guy wires.
The coaxial cable is in good shape and the rotor still works, but needs new clamps as the old ones' names were "rust."
The weather is heavy rain today, so I may drag the log periodic into the garage for a closer inspection.